Tuesday, April 12, 2005

A-Rod=Yankee Haters Scapegoat

I'm so tired of everyone getting all over A-rod. Not that I think he's a saint. He's not too friendly, and he seems a little rough around the edges, but he's competitive. Really, really competitive. And I love that about him. Yeah, maybe he made an error or two, but I have a feeling he's going to have the best year in his career this season. The guy is in a lose lose situation. If he acts like Jeter, he's phony. If he's devoid of pretense, he's an asshole. He's effectively getting railed for all the things he would get railed for if he didn't do. If that makes any sense. He's not Jeter, and he shouldn't be. Mickey Mantle wasn't Roger Maris. Arod, when all is said and done, will end up being one of the best baseball players ever. Unbelievable fielder, batter...it's just that his feats are eclipsed by Yankee Mystique, by things like Jeter diving into the stands.

I've started writing something about it, because well that's what I do at work when I get fired up and have no pharmaceutical copywriting to do. I'll print it when I'm finished, ideally later tonight, but it's getting late, and my ability to wake up has just disappeared. I bought another alarm clock today, so now my alarm clock count is up to 4. You can imagine the madness that ensues in my bedroom in the morning, with 4 different buzzers going off at staggering times.

Oh also, if one more Red Sox fan pushes this "buy your team" crap on me, I'm going to implode. Or else finally break out the big guns aka hard fast logic and tell them to fuck off because BOSTON HAD THE HIGHEST WORLD SERIES PAYROLL IN THE HISTORY OF THE SPORT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker