Thursday, March 17, 2005

Field of Dreams


This is my bathroom. After the Yankees beat the Twins to win the AL East, I painted it. It was one of those night when it was perfect outside and I was so happy I was almost frustrated that my body was working as a physical constraint. Like I was practically glowing, and nothing I could do did justice to how I was feeling. It wasn't like they won the World Series or anything, but it was like hearing the proverbial "perfect song"--the right song randomly comes on at the right moment and everything for a second is still and flawless. That's how I felt when New York, New York came on that night and everything was right at Yankee Stadium.

Plus it's like I always say, there's nothing better than stepping out of the shower in the morning and being able to say, "I'm clean, naked, and standing outside Yankee Stadium." Such a great way to start the morning off on the right foot. And since my alarm clock is set to play the Yankee at bat songs, I get to wake up to Enter Sandman. It's like I'm being called from the bullpen that is my bed.
Who has it better than me?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker