Sunday, April 17, 2005

The Good, the Bad, and the Gorgeous Weather

75 degrees out. Just got back inside from lying out on my roof and listening to the Yankee game on the radio. So the game was less than satisfactory, but the weather is just unbelievable. So at least I got a nice tan, though if I was making deals, I would take getting a hellish sunburn if the Yankees won. I'm still not worried about them. Just annoyed.

I read this story about A-rod saving some 8yr old's life. I hate PR things like that. I'm sure he really did do something to that effect, and I love A-rod, but I love him more when he is a rough around the edges, competitive badass. And of course, this stunt is not going to make anyone say, "Whoa! I always thought A-rod was a minion of Satan! Didn't realize that he has a heart of gold to go with that amazing talent! Guess we were wrong all along about him... A-rod, indeed, is a true Yankee. And quite possibly, a true immortal being."

If I had my druthers, those type of life saving B-side stories would be reserved for Jeter. I like the A-rod B-side stories that involve gratuitous competitiveness and over-the-top intensity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker