Monday, May 02, 2005

Ichiro saga continues...

So when I joined my fantasy league, I tried to guise my female identity and pretend to be a guy. Like during the online draft, I used words like "dude" and ended sentences with ", man" and didn't write in full thoughts. Because I figured if they knew I was a chick they'd propse trades like "Benitez for Johnson" or something. I dont know. But I think the gig is up because this one guy in my league has proposed bizarro trades for Ichiro for like the last 3 days. The latest is Jim Edmonds for Ichiro. Which isn't wholly terrible. Better than the guy who proposed Austin Kearns, Uquina, and Jose Mesa for Radke and Huff, I guess. But still. So I emailed him back and said the only guy I'd be willing to take for Ichiro is Jeter.

I just picked Brown off waiver wires. Just wait. You guys will see.

My goal is to get as many Yankees on my team as possible so my whole problem with Fantasy Baseball can be mollified. My problem being best exemplified by the Anaheim/Yankees game that pushed me up to 4th place from 2nd the last, since I have Scot Shields and K-Rod on my team. In other words, I hate being in the position where I'm not 100% into backing my boys. Even a fraction of me is like, well at least I got some fantasy points out of this, I still feel guilty. It's kind of like that Seinfeld episode when George is like, "I bet she breaks up with me," and Seinfeld says, "That's a bad bet. If you win, it means she broke up with you, if you lose, well you lost the bet." Or something to that effect anyway.

This upcoming week at work is going to be worse than drinking orange juice after brushing your teeth.

In other news, I watched Big Daddy this weekend, and there's this part in it that makes me crack up without fail, just by thinking about it, a la the scene in Dumb and Dumber that gave us this champion: "His head fell off? Yeah he was pretty old."

In Big Daddy: when Adam Sandler is trying to see if his kid is hanging with "the bad crowd." He goes to the playground and he's talking to these 6yr old kids:

Adam Sandler: Man this Yoohoo is good, you know what else is good, smoking dope. I ain't gonna rat you out. You know, puffing the cheeba, go by the see saw smoke a j. You know what I'm talking about?

Kid: I have a belly button.

AS: You have a belly button, well we all have belly buttons. You know what? We all love Yoohoo, especially Yoohoo with a little rum. What's rum? You don't know what rum is?

Kid: Rumplestilskin?

AS: Rumplestilskin. Rumplestilskin's a good man. So are you guys. Hey, stay clean, stay focused, stay strong. Frankenstein, have fun with your friends.

******

Rumplestiltskin. Awesome.

Good night, bedtime for Bonzo, man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker