Saturday, April 23, 2005

An addendum

I'm dropping my whole rant on the Sports Guy Intern after this, I swear.

So I call my sister, and we're talking about the intern contest, and she was like, "I can't believe you kept reading up on that thing after the first round. Did you forget how a finalist wrote in her essay, 'Im a cunning linguist with 36C's'?" Good point. She also ran with this, "I threw up in my mouth after that."

So I tell her that although a chick didn't win (we were both pretty terrified of the idea of some girl being rewarded for her "i'm a dude in a chick's body" philosophy), that the chick runner-up gets to still write for Page 2.

My sister shoots back: "WHAT?! She's not the intern, but she's going to write for Page 2?!? That's like running for Secretary of State and losing, so Congress says, 'well we loved your campaign, so we'll make you president instead.' I hate girls. I hate everyone."

yeah me and my sister may or may not be the same person.

2 Comments:

At 9:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's intense. I guess I'd be a raving jealous lunatic, too, if someone way prettier than me got a job at ESPN while I could barely piece together a coherent sentence on a worthless blog that no one reads. Thankfully I'm not that pathetic, so I'll leave the job up to you. PS - I don't know you, but "I can tell that you're bitchy." Wonder how I got that idea.

 
At 9:49 AM, Blogger Scout said...

Ha! Pretty bold comments from someone who a.) is indeed reading this blog that "no one reads" and b.) prefers to remain anonymous.

If I didnt know any better, I'd say this was Miss Chick Who Lovvesss Sports herself! It has to be some kind of chick, because only girls think it's a hardcore blow to call someone prettier than you. And a dude would know that kind of insult doesnt hold a lot of clout when coming from someone over the internet.

But thanks for reading. You know, you being my only reader and everything. I appreciate the business. Godspeed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker