Tuesday, April 19, 2005

You're killing me, Smalls...

Today was the second day in a row I didn't get to watch a single inning. Work is beating me senseless. Not unlike the way offense is beating the Big Unit senseless. I'm very, very confused. Not nervous yet. Even though my buddy pointed out that the only time the Yanks ever won a title with this kind of start was in 1977. <>

But then again, no one ever came back from a 3-0 deficit. Pretty soon Yank fans are going to be the ones adopting the "Gotta Believe" mentality.

I'm not even going to watch Sportscenter tonight. That's right, that's what I said. I hate listening to players talk about a loss. Of any team, but obviously least of all the bombers. Just once, I want to hear a losing player say, "The only reason we lost was because my horoscope said we would" or "You may think we lost, but if a tree falls in a forest...you know how that is" or "Loss, schmoss, there's 2 naked dancers in my bedroom as we speak. Who's the loser now, asswipe?"

I really like how Mariano (cat), whenever I'm writing, puts his head at the edge of the keyboard and sleeps like that. I love it. It doesn't matter if I wake up in the middle of the night to write something down, Mo wakes up too and jumps on the desk and puts his head right by the esc key in the upper left hand corner.

High and away.

1 Comments:

At 9:47 PM, Blogger 41 Noodles (mn) said...

Scout. I love your writing and the reference to Sandlot is super sweet. One of my all time favorite movies, I cry when he kisses the life guard!

I only read the first couple posts but I can't wait to read more.
I grew up watching the Yanks on WPIX but didn't really start following till danny tartabul played right field (don't ask me why, I have no clue).

I know your not a fan of player bandwagons but I have to admit that I'm a huge Posada fan. There's something about his goofy ears that makes him seem like a down to earth kinda guy.

Any whoo keep up the good writing and if you get the chance check out my friends blog.
http://www.mikekenny.blogspot.com/

You might just get a laugh or two from it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker